Austria's most fascinating natural wonder
Opened from 16th April to 16th October! Online reservation
You can reach the Obir dripstone caves only with our cave bus, which drives regularly from the office on the main square to the catering facilities on the mountain. The entrance to the caves is possible only as a part of a guided tour.
You can combine your visit to the Obir caves with hiking. From the parking lot in Zauchen the climb to the cave entrance, at 1078 metres, takes about 1.5 hours. Return with the cave bus is possible, however a reservation is required.
The temperature in the caves is constant, 8 ° C, both in summer and in winter. Warm clothes and suitable footwear are recommended. Helmets and jackets are included in the ticket price.
- For safety reasons the minimum age is 4 years.
- In the cave it is necessary to pass many levels and because of that, tour with a wheelchair unfortunately is not possible.
- The instructions of the guide must be followed at all times.
- NEW: Photographing and filming is allowed in the caves at 2 stations.
- Dogs (and other pets) are not allowed in the cave.
- Eating and drinking in the cave is not allowed
- Smoking in the cave is strictly prohibited.
The entire experience of the fascinating natural wonder with a regular tour lasts about 3 hours, 1.5 hours will be spent in the cave. Guests can also relax in the restaurant on the mountain. From there you have a wonderful view on the beautiful landscape of Southern Carinthia.
Special tours (Children- and Photo tour, etc.) are partially longer. For more details go to the section Availale tours.
Do you want the tour in another language? We offer you audio guides (not included in the ticket price). Currently the following languages are available:
Ask us in our office if you want a audioguide.
To avoid waiting times, booking is strongly recommended. Especially in the case of a bad weather, the chances to get a place without reservation are very low and sometimes waiting time last several hours.
Reservations can be made online or by phone +43 4238 8239.